Sunday, March 30, 2014

FMD-Day 3

Kristen

I only lost .2 pounds.  I will say it was probably because I ate A LOT of chili, knowing I was done with carbs for the next two days, so I don't care too much.

These next 2 days are protein and vegetables only-should be fun.  I made eggs and broccoli mixed with salsa for breakfast.  I am finding that I just can't eat first thing in the morning.  I ate a few bites, then set it aside for my morning snack.  Once the sun came up I did my workout.  For these 2 days you are supposed to lift only, but I am pretending to marathon train so I need to run.  I figured today would be better than tomorrow, so I went out and did my speed workout.  Does anyone else struggle as much as me on speed workouts?

Once I got home and could breathe again, I ate the rest of my eggs-much more tasty this time around.  I ended up counting that as my snack, because frankly I can only eat so much meat a day.  Lunchtime rolled around quickly enough.  I made a nice green salad and topped it with a fair amount of chicken.  I really wanted to use real salad dressing but I topped it instead with spicy brown mustard.  I will admit it didn't taste awful.  I did feel as if I spent a LONG time chewing my food.  Maybe that's the point.

By mid-afternoon, I was starving.  It's not on the food list for phase 2, but I cooked up some shrimp to eat.  It did nothing for my hunger.  Nothing.  My friend called and we talked about it and it was decided that I should eat a banana.  I don't even like bananas that much-actually they don't like me-but it was delicious and just the think I needed.

I had steak and another big salad for dinner, along with a few small bites of my husband's sweet potato.  It was enough to get me through the day and that's about it. 

Phase 2 is not fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment